Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All India level Examination conducted by IISc (Indian Institute of Science)/ IITs(Indian Institute of Technology) on behalf of Department of Higher Education, Ministry of human resource development (MHRD) Government of India.
The GATE exam, being highly popular among engineering graduates, approximately 10 lakh engineers appeared in GATE 2015.
Significance of good GATE Score—
- Admission into M.Tech programme of IITs/IISc/NITs with financial assistance from MHRD.
- M.Tech from these reputed Institutes will help in securing excellent campus placement in prestigious National/ Multinational companies.
- Many Maharatna and Navratna PSUs (like IOCL, NTPC, GAIL etc.) recruit candidates based on GATE score.
- Reputed Research organizations (like BARC, CSIR, DRDO etc.) recruit scientist based on GATE score.
- GATE score is of greater value for Academic (Teaching) Jobs.
- Institutions like IITs/IISc also offer direct PhD program based on GATE Score