An All India level competitive examination called Engineering Services Examination (IES) is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit class-I (Group A) Technical officers for various departments of Govt of India like Indian Railways, Ordnance Factories, CPWD, MES etc.
The candidates selected through IES enjoy high respect and status in the society. They are assigned post of high authority and responsibility in departments of Govt of India.
List of services in which candidates join after selection in IES Exam –
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)
- Indian Railway Store Service (IRSS)
- Central Engineering Service (CES)
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (IDSE/MES)
- Indian Ordnance Factory Service (IOFS)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (INAS)
- Indian Inspection Service (IIS)
- Central Power Engineering Services (CPES)
- Indian Telecommunication Services (ITS)
- Central Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Service (CMEES)